Effective antiseptic, it helps people with asthma and any other respiratory conditions, allergies, dust, pollen. It helps boost immune system. Ideal for meeting rooms, waiting rooms, open office environment where it helps clean the air and reduce spread of germs.
Coverage: it can treat rooms up to 376 sq ft (35 sqm).
Delivered with 1 capsule. Delivered with 1 capsule. Capsule lasts 80hr or about 16 days of 5hrs per day usage or 20 days of 4hrs per day usage or 40 days of 2hrs per day usage. More propolis capsules can be bought in packs of 5. See Propolis capsules:
It easily fits in a suitcase and very practical when travelling, providing added protection when in other environments such as hotels.
Model A2 includes an ionizer that enhances the beneficial disinfectant and sanitizing properties of propolis. Through ionization, propolis particles entering the air are subject to a negative electrical charge which in turn attracts positively charged volatile airborne particles, such as bacteria, mould spores, viruses and fungi, which are subsequently treated with the antiseptic and antibiotic properties of propolis.
Common conditions known to respond to propolis diffusers:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Flu virus
- Sore throat
- Respiratory diseases
PROPOLAIR diffusers offer a natural way to sanitize the air you breathe, reducing harmful airborne microbes by 71%.
PROPOLAIR Diffusers warm up the propolis capsule to the optimum temperature that allows these volatile components of propolis to be dispersed into the air, causing a multitude of microscopic bioﬂavonoids to be released, going into action doing what they do best: eliminating most of the microorganisms (bacteria, viruses, acari, fungi and moulds)
Model A2 – Combined with a built-in ionizer.
An ionizer releases ions (charged particles), into the air. These collide with airborne particles such as dust, viruses, bacteria, smoke and mites and thereby give them a charge. Once the polluted particle has a charge, they are then attracted to surfaces, such as walls, curtains and so taking the pollution out of the air you are breathing.
It can treat rooms up to 376 sq. ft. (35 m2), delivered with 1 capsule lasting 122hr or about 5 days of 24/7 usage or 15 days of 8hrs per day usage.
The designs cheerful and discreet will blend with any decor. It easily fits in a suitcase and very practical when travelling, providing added protection when in other environments such as hotels.
IP-ROCO Quality Assurance/Certification Standards.
So, just what is Propolis? Propolis is made from the resinous substances exuded by trees and other plants. These often sticky substances are used by the plants as a mechanism to protect the plants and their new young buds.
Many of us including children know about sticky buds and this substance is collected by the honey bee. Once collected the bees process the propolis into a beneﬁcial product for the welfare of the beehive and the bees.
In natural woodland the sun warms up the buds of plants and the volatile fraction of the sticky substance is spread in to the local environment providing a pleasant aroma within the woods. This pleasant atmosphere has become known for its therapeutic properties which is why Sanatoriums used to be built in wooded areas where people could beneﬁt from the 'fresh air' thereby aiding their recovery and recuperation.
KONTAK has developed and patented an innovative system that diffuses the volatile components of propolis into the environment. This system is the only one of its kind able to fully exploit the sanitising properties and the probiotic action of propolis into the air. This system is now available in the UK.
KONTAK propolis is only sourced from unpolluted areas, by beekeepers that live in the Alps, far away from urban, industrial and nuclear pollution. It does not contain any heavy metals, pesticides or antibiotics. KONTAK combines its passion for propolis with a scientiﬁc approach, investing in research and development, and continuous collaboration with doctors and relevant specialists.
SCIENCE & APPLICATION
IP-ROCO Science and Application of Bee Products.....Propolis
In numerous experiments conducted by the ASL of Collegno (Italy), a classroom that used the PROPOLAIR diffuser, showed that the molecules of propolis in the air reduced bacterial and microbial presence thanks to their antibacterial, antifungal and anti-inflammatory properties.
Diffusers were used for three days non-stop and the results showed an enormous 71.8% reduction of microbes in the air and a sanitization of the classroom!
More science facts on propolis and diffusers:
In the beehive
- Propolis is a resinous substance collected by honeybees from the buds and bark of trees and shrubs. The resins are produced by plants as part of their immune system, healing wounds and protecting against the damaging effects of radiation.
- These resins and balsams are taken back to the hive where the bees add salivary enzymes, wax and pollen. This substance is used to protect the colony from disease and infection due to its high antimicrobial activity.
- Propolis is used to varnish cells in the honeycomb before the Queen lays an egg, thus ensuring a sterile environment for the development of the young larvae as they grow.
- Large pests and invaders, such as mice, slugs and lizards, are often killed by the colony but cannot be removed due to their size.
- In this case the bees will cover them with a coating of propolis to prevent disease resulting from putrefaction.
- Propolis is also used by the colony to reduce the entrance for easier defence, and to seal up cracks and holes. Thus the Greek origin of its name, pro (before) and polis (the city). Propolis is sometimes referred to as “defender of the city”.
- A complex compound of biologically active substances including flavonoids, polyphenols, terpenes, phenolic esters and aromatic acids, each having distinct functional effects. However the synergistic effect of these compounds together is greater than the effect of any one substance.
- The greatest number of antimicrobial substances comprises those which are soluble in alcohol. Other compounds are soluble in fat or oil. The least number being water soluble.
- Propolis contains small amounts of sugars, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements.
- The following effects have been observed and studied: antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anaesthetic, anti-allergenic, hepatoprotective, anti-tumour, radioprotective, antiulcer, cardioprotective, and immune modulating.
- Propolis is also a chelator and able to remove heavy metals from the body.
Health enhancing effects
- Many diseases are due to a poor or weak immune system. Propolis is able to activate the immune response and can be used to reduce the effects of an illness, or prevent it, if taken as a prophylactic.
- Propolis has a high Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity index (ORAC) and as such can reduce damage caused by oxidative stress and free radicals.
- The complex structure of propolis means that multi drug resistant bacteria such as methicillin-resistant staphlylococcus aureus (MRSA) cannot become resistant to it.
- Whilst propolis is lethal to harmful bacteria, it does not affect the hundreds of beneficial bacteria that are important for our bodies.